[Openstack] Nova code coverage data

Soren Hansen soren at linux2go.dk
Mon Jun 6 10:03:50 UTC 2011

Hi, guys.

It turns out that the coverage data we've seen on Jenkins has been
somewhat optimistic.

I thought Jenkins was configured to clean out the workspace in between
runs, but it wasn't. This meant that the coverage data from previous
runs wasn't deleted before running the test suite. So if line 1024 of
file foo.py was covered in one revision and the next changed foo.py so
that line 1024 wasn't covered anymore, it would still be recorded as
covered.

As you can see here:

    http://jenkins.openstack.org/job/nova-coverage/

the coverage percentage took quite a drop.

Apologies for this. :(

Thanks to Rohit Karajgi and Lorin Hochstein for putting me on to this.

--
Soren Hansen        | http://linux2go.dk/
Ubuntu Developer    | http://www.ubuntu.com/