[Openstack] Integrating GlusterFS with OpenStack

masumotok at nttdata.co.jp masumotok at nttdata.co.jp
Mon Jun 6 00:53:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

> When doing live migration, we could let KVM migrate the
> VM state and somehow tell gluster to migrate the disk image to the new
> host (to maintain locality between the virtual machine and its storage).
> Gluster already has the means to do live rebalancing, but I don't believe
> an API to specify "I'd like for this particular file to reside on this
> particular brick. Please make it so". That would *rock*.

In current openstack live migration feature, a flag --instances_path specifies the path which has to be on shared storage. Live re-balancing sounds like good idea, and I think at least, just "--instances_path is on the glusterFS" is good option to users.
If you want any help, my colleague and me would love to do ^^;