[Openstack] Integrating GlusterFS with OpenStack

Devin Carlen devin.carlen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 08:18:54 UTC 2011

Hi Shehjar,

Nova's block device volume service currently has support for several backends and is made in an abstract way so that adding support for Gluster should be a reasonably simple implementation.

There is a new project called Lunr being developed that aims to separate the volume code from Nova and have it be implemented as its own stand alone service.

There was also some conversations around using Gluster as a ring backend for OpenStack's object storage system named Swift.

In short, I think there are quite a few places that Gluster can provide value to the OpenStack ecosystem.

Devin