[Openstack] SQLAlchemy migration number conflicts

Brian Schott bfschott at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 16:33:07 UTC 2011

I was getting migrate errors because gaps are not allowed in the migration numbers.  Maybe this could be changed so that folks could use arbitrarily large numbers in their branches until ready to propose for merge.    That would help minimize conflicts and manual bzr rename on our local branches when merging from trunk.

The reservation numbers need to be monotonically increasing at trunk merge because suppose migration 12 gets reserved but doesn't submit any code changes, then migration 13 comes in and gets approved and merged, then migration 12 merges code and breaks migration 13.  You can't revert back to migration 11 because the new migration 12 is in the way.

Brian Schott
bfschott at gmail.com