[Openstack] about ApiError: ApiError: Address quota exceeded. You cannot allocate any more addresses

Michael Chapman michael.chapman at anu.edu.au
Thu Jul 28 04:24:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

I think you need to specify the project name in your command, eg:

nova-manage project quota *admin* floating_ips 100

To give the admin project 100 floating IPs.

 - Michael

2011/7/28 tianyi wang <alex-cloud at live.com>

>  Hi, all:
>
>      I want to allocate IP for project‘s instances, but told me:ApiError:
> ApiError: Address quota exceeded. You cannot allocate any more addresses.
>
> When I use : nova-manage project quota list
>
> get this result:
> # nova-manage project quota list
>  metadata_items: 128
>  gigabytes: 1000
>  floating_ips: 10
>  instances: 10
>  volumes: 10
>  cores: 20
>
> But when I use : nova-manage project quota floating_ips 100
>
> It's not change at all. It's still  floating_ips: 10. I use  Cactus nova.
>
> How to resolve this problem?
>
> thanks
>
> alex

Michael Chapman
*Data Services*
ANU Supercomputer Facility
Room 318, Leonard Huxley Building (#56), Mills Road
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia
Tel: *+61 2 6125 7106*
Web: http://nci.org.au