[Openstack] how many servers will be need for insall swift?

tianyi wang wangcity at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 08:23:13 UTC 2011

Hi,all

  I read this pdf document: os-objectstorage-adminguide-cactus.pdf, it's say:

This document demonstrates installing a cluster using the following
types of nodes:
• One Proxy node which runs the swift-proxy-server processes and may
also run swauth
services. It serves proxy requests to the appropriate Storage nodes.
• Five Storage nodes that run the swift-account-server,
swift-container-server, and swiftobject-
server processes which control storage of the account databases, the container
databases, as well as the actual stored objects.

It's means: need 6 physical servers for install swift ?
I not want to install OpenStack Object Storage for development or
testing purposes on a
single server. I want to install a mini swift production environment,
how many servers is be need?

And another question :  the servers install swift need the CPU support VT?
Because we have some server does not support VT, maybe those server
can work as storage server?

thanks

alex