[Openstack] Adding Volume Types to Nova Volume

Chuck Thier cthier at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 20:09:39 UTC 2011

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the input.  The goal is to make the volume types flexible,
similar to how flavors work with the openstack compute api.  The
Service implementer will define what types of volumes will be
available based on which storage backends that they will choose.  This
will include what parameters need to be sent for a given storage type.
 So for example, you might define a volume type of "Highly Available"
that has a parameter that determines the number of replicas.

--
Chuck