[Openstack] Hardware failure - "nova reboot / rescue"

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 21:21:44 UTC 2011

Reboot should really allow you to reboot a non-running vm as well. This has worked at various times, so if it doesn't currently it should be filed as a bug.  As a workaround, you may be able to update the state in of the vm to shutdown manually in the db and execute a reboot command.  You can also go to the compute host and manually do a virsh define /path/to/libvirt.xml followed by a virsh start instance-xxxxxxxx

Vish