[Openstack] Cross-zone instance identifiers in EC2 API - Is it worth the effort?

Christopher MacGown chris at piston.cc
Mon Jul 11 20:21:46 UTC 2011

What happens when you've shared the primary IPv6 address of a VM with
another VM? To which VM does the primary key point to? I think overloading
the IPv6 address to also mean the primary key is probably a mistake that
will cause serious trouble with network-as-a-service portability.

-C

Christopher MacGown
Piston Cloud Computing, Inc.
(415) 300-0944