[Openstack] Cross-zone instance identifiers in EC2 API - Is it worth the effort?

Glen Campbell glen.campbell at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Jul 11 20:03:04 UTC 2011

I kind of like the IPv6 idea myself. How would it work with a service
provider that, for example, assigns a /96 address for an instance? If the
user can change the IP address, would that mean that the instance ID would
change as well? Or should we just keep with the original /96 (::0) address?