[Openstack] Cross-zone instance identifiers in EC2 API - Is it worth the effort?

Brian Schott brian.schott at nimbisservices.com
Fri Jul 8 19:00:44 UTC 2011

+ 1

If the nova-* service APIs are all talking UUIDs, then there could be an OS-API 1.0 endpoint and an OS-API 2.0 endpoint coexisting on the same zone.  Much of the UUID disagreements are around exposing them to clients.  So, support  OS API 1.0 interfaces that don't use UUID the same way as EC2 will do it.

Brian Schott, CTO
Nimbis Services, Inc.
brian.schott at nimbisservices.com
ph: 443-274-6064  fx: 443-274-6060