[Openstack] Cactus Release Preparation

Paul Voccio paul.voccio at rackspace.com
Mon Jan 31 20:03:45 UTC 2011

John,

I would agree with putting deployability at the top of the list. Right now, it is operational from a developers point of view. I think a true operations team would struggle supporting it at scale.

A change I might suggest in priority is moving the API up in the list. While the OS API is usable from a developers perspective, it isn't yet in a place where it can drive real value to the community. If we miss the Cactus release without having a complete API I think we run a risk of it not being relevant in the long term.

Paul