[Openstack] new config file for nova-api

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Jan 19 20:02:11 UTC 2011

Hi all -

I believe paste.deploy configures web server gateway interfaces (wsgi) -
which are an interface between web servers and Python web applications or
frameworks. I think of this config change as applicable to people building
web consoles and the like. Plus it cleans up the interface layers to APIs
which brings Nova more in alignment with Swift's layered approach.

To answer Armando's question, I see it this way. Any paste.deploy
configurations would be used for API-level calls to a web server to do
something (provision a server, show state of instances, etc.) with the Nova
cloud. Configuration of the Nova cloud itself (how it does networking, where
the database lives, etc.) remains in nova.conf.

As for documentation, I'd like to encourage everyone who reviews a merge
proposal to ask for documentation, however lightweight, to be included with
the merge. That's how we build world-class doc. Todd is a great docs writer,
so I'm not picking on him at all! :) I'm just saying that this project
embraces a distributed documentation system just as much as it embraces a
distributed coding system.

Keep on rockin' the docs,
Anne
*Anne Gentle*