[Openstack] Bexar FeatureFreeze now in effect

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jan 14 08:05:20 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

Now that only small islands can still claim it's Thursday, FeatureFreeze
is in effect. This only affects branches that introduce new features or
changes in expected behavior ("feature branches"), not branches fixing
bugs ("bugfix branches").

You can still propose feature branches for merging, but:

 * You have to follow the exception procedure described at
http://wiki.openstack.org/FeatureFreeze (basically explain in the
proposal why this can't wait for three weeks for Cactus to open, then
request a specific review from me)

 * The closer we get to release, the less likely it is that the
exception will be granted

Starting now, -core members should not approve feature branches for
merging unless they get this specific FFE approval.

I'll go through the branches that are already proposed and preapprove
them or require some additional comments (for the ~5 branches in the
pipe that just need the final push, I'll preapprove them so that they
can go in today).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack