[Openstack] FeatureFreeze at EOD today: branches needing your review

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jan 13 10:00:44 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

A small status at the beginning of this important day. While the
different development subgroups do a good job at reviewing their
colleagues branches, we have not been doing a good job as a project:
some branches that were proposed before the BMPFreeze date did not get
sufficiently reviewed during the week and are now in jeopardy. That's an
area where we need to improve (project allegiance vs. subgroup
allegiance) if we want to be successful as an open source project.

That's not the only reason, though: maybe the review backlog in Nova was
just too large. When the heat goes down, we'll also have a postmortem
discussion to see if the concept of BMPFreeze helped getting branches
early or actually made things worse :)

Here is a rundown of open feature branches for each project, in
descending order of priority (please comment on the branch merge
proposals directly to avoid fragmenting the discussion).

== Nova ==

https://code.launchpad.net/~ntt-pf-lab/nova/ipv6-support/+merge/46103
https://code.launchpad.net/~nttdata/nova/live-migration/+merge/44940
Without some love, those branches are unlikely to make it. Since they
are relatively complex to review, all help is welcome !

https://code.launchpad.net/~rconradharris/nova/xs-snap-return-image-id-before-snapshot/+merge/45494
https://code.launchpad.net/~morita-kazutaka/nova/sheepdog/+merge/45093
https://code.launchpad.net/~anso/nova/wsgirouter/+merge/45330
https://code.launchpad.net/~anso/nova/factorycleanup/+merge/45426
https://code.launchpad.net/~termie/nova/easy_api/+merge/45186
https://code.launchpad.net/~ed-leafe/nova/xs-password-reset/+merge/45537
Those six are well on track to make it, just need the final push.

https://code.launchpad.net/~nii/nova/nova-deployment-tool/+merge/45335
This one needs some review love, but also some consensus around it. It's
sufficiently external to core code to get easy exceptions though.

https://code.launchpad.net/~anso/nova/imgcopy/+merge/36522
This one has been around forever, it seems to lack the consensus to make
it into Bexar ?

https://code.launchpad.net/~vishvananda/nova/cow/+merge/45293
This one is unreviewed yet and presents serious regression risks, it
looks like a good target for deferring to Cactus.

https://code.launchpad.net/~citrix-openstack/nova/xenapi-glance-2/+merge/45977
https://code.launchpad.net/~termie/nova/db_migration/+merge/46073
https://code.launchpad.net/~termie/nova/ec2_ids/+merge/46068
Those three were proposed late, but are good candidates for early
feature freeze exceptions if needed

== Glance ==

https://code.launchpad.net/~chris-slicehost/glance/add-s3-backend_updated/+merge/45217

== Swift ==