[Openstack] Reviews from now to FeatureFreeze (Jan 13)

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jan 7 08:29:27 UTC 2011

A few guidelines for core team members doing BMPFreeze exceptions and
reviews:

* The main objective is to merge all the branches that were proposed by
BranchMergeProposalFreeze (see attached list for reference). Those have
higher priority, and I'll keep you posted on our progress

* The secondary objective is to merge as much code as we can before
FeatureFreeze hits (end of day, Jan 13)

* Any branch that is not merged by FeatureFreeze will require a (much
more difficult to get) FeatureFreezeException

* You should expect a few review roundtrips between reviewers and
proposers, so review early, review often

* Do not accept late proposals that could delay merges that were
proposed in time (for example, by requiring them to remerge with current
trunk). Once all the early branches got merged, feel free to accept
anything :)

* Feel free to reject any late proposal, in particular those that do not
have a blueprint or weren't targeted to bexar

For reference, see in the attached file the lists of branches that were
proposed before BMPFreeze (including bugfix branches). The objective is
to get all those merged before we consider any other.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack