[Openstack] [RFC] OpenStack API

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jan 5 08:38:30 UTC 2011

ksankar at doubleclix.net wrote:
> I have added a new blue print
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/open-stack-api and
> associated wiki page to capture and make some progress.I have a
> launchpad account from my Ubuntu days.

Hey ksankar,

We already have a blueprint to cover the Openstack API efforts for teh
Bexar release at:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/openstack-api-parity

See previous threads in that list: The Openstack API (1.0) support
already exists in the code, it is currently the Rackspace Cloud API.
Version 1.1 of that API (in Cactus) should have an Openstack namespace
and extensibility.

> [...]
> Developing an Open Stack Cloud System-level CLI might be a good start ...

As part of the above spec, Sandy Walsh has a new python-cloudservers
library (and accompanying cloudservers CLI tool) that, with adequate
rebranding, should just be what you're looking for.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack