[Openstack] [Nova] 2011.1.1 release candidate up for testing

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Feb 25 10:45:07 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

As you probably know we need to release a Nova 2011.1.1 version due to
missing elements in the 2011.1 tarball. We also targeted a few
high-impact low-regression-risk fixes, see:

https://launchpad.net/nova/+milestone/2011.1.1

We now have a 2011.1.1 release candidate tarball available at:

http://nova.openstack.org/tarballs/nova-2011.1.1~bzr653.tar.gz

If no regression is found over the next days, we'll ship this one as the
2011.1.1 release. We'll specifically check that all the targeted bugs
have been indeed fixed, but some general testing to catch a weird
regression (compared to Bexar 2011.1 release) would be welcome as well.

Obviously you will miss all the other nice changes we pushed to Cactus,
so testing this will feel a bit backward and unproductive, but that's
the price to pay to do point releases on a fast-moving project...

To help with that testing, I posted some packages for Ubuntu 10.10
(Maverick). They should build in a few hours, check the following URL
for status:

https://launchpad.net/~ttx/+archive/nova-bexar-updates/+buildjob/2285981

Once they are built and published, you can install them by enabling both
the nova-core/release and the ttx/nova-bexar-updates PPAs:

$ sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nova-core/release
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ttx/nova-bexar-updates
$ sudo apt-get update

The candidate version to test is 2011.1.1~bzr653-0ubuntu1~ppa1.

If you want to test but need packages up for Natty or 10.04 LTS (Lucid),
just let me know.

Final release decision will be taken during next week release meeting.
In the mean time, happy testing :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack