[Openstack] Novatools ...

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Feb 25 02:25:46 UTC 2011

Some great discussion going on here folks but, in an attempt to prevent this turning into a full-on Painting the Bike Shed debate, here are the assumptions I'm proceeding with:

1. Eventually there will be a "super tool" to aggregate the various services. It will be built/named later by someone.
2. Consensus seems to prefer "nova" as the Compute tool name. Based on this I'm keeping the package as python-novatools (the cmdline tool will be nova). Someone high up can put their foot down if this is wrong.
3. I'm going to move it from github to LP under Nova, fix the headers and apply co-BSD/Apache license.
4. There are lots of good ideas about ways to expand this tool, but right now it is what it is and I need it in trunk to keep Zones moving ahead for Cactus. (2 weeks left till Feature Freeze!!)  If someone wants to change it after, merge-props are always welcome.

Thanks everyone for your input.
-Sandy

at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.