[Openstack] Novatools ...

Eric Day eday at oddments.org
Thu Feb 24 19:48:12 UTC 2011

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what you mean by
"one API". Each project/service will be driving their own API,
no? For example do you expect one CLI tool for swift, nova, and a
queue service?

I see John's points with allowing each service to drive their own
API/tools (hopefully following some cross-project guidelines so they
are consistent), and then possibly supplying a "super tool" that allows
complex orchestration using the other tools when needed. For example:

This would in turn use os-compute, os-network, etc.

We could also do some tool reflection to allow:

os-compute <args>

To be the same as:

 os-super-tool compute <args>

So you can only use os-super-tool if you don't want to remember all
the others.

-Eric