[Openstack] Should the OpenStack API re-use the EC2 credentials?

Chuck Thier cthier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 04:40:58 UTC 2011

Now that I have looked at the nova auth code, I see what you are getting at,
and doesn't work as I would have expected it to.  Essentially both auth
systems work the same, but the terminology is different.  As is, the easiest
thing to do would be to change _authorize_user in nova/api/openstack/auth.py
to translate username to key from the auth system, and key to the secret key
in the auth system.  That said, a better solution might be to abstract the
terms in the code by using something like (identity, secret) so that with
the EC2 api, identity would represent the api_key and the secret would
represent api_secret, and in the OS api,  identity would represent user, and
secret would represent api_key.

--
Chuck