[Openstack] Should the OpenStack API re-use the EC2 credentials?

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 02:19:41 UTC 2011

Hey Justin,

Does it make any difference that the way the auth is (theoretically) supposed to work with the os api is that the user gets an auth token from an external auth server and then uses username / authtoken to actually contact the api?  I think it is just faked out right now to use the access_key instead of doing external auth, but I think the reason it works like it does is because the plan was to switch to external auth eventually.

Vish