[Openstack] Queue Service, next steps

Eric Day eday at oddments.org
Tue Feb 22 06:51:07 UTC 2011

While Erlang is a dependency most folks usually don't have installed
by default, it is a fairly simple and predictable dependency. All
major distros have it, and if they don't or are too outdated, the
packages from the Erlang website are straightforward to install.

Any dependency (C/C++ compilers, autotools, Erlang) will always have
its quirks, but I think either choice would be fine in the long run.

The advantages for choosing Erlang right now are speed of development,
code safety, and trivial multi-core/machine use. The advantages for
C++ are runtime efficiency and familiarity. I'm pretty split and don't
think there is an incorrect choice here, but it feels like more folks
are leaning towards C++.

-Eric