[Openstack] Should we remove nova-combined ?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Feb 21 16:49:17 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

The bin/nova-combined script duplicates code and functionality found
elsewhere, which is very error-prone. The quantity of duplicated code
grew with nova-api switch to paste. It seems to cover one very specific
use case (someone that runs from branch/tarball and wants to run
nova-{compute,network,volume,scheduler,api} but not nova-objectstore on
a single host).

I'd like to get rid of it before I add more code to nova-api that will
need to be duplicated to nova-combined. Someone needing it could easily
replace it with a simple script that calls the other binaries, or by
nova.sh...

That said, I guess it was originally added for a reason, so if you care
about it, please shout !

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack