[Openstack] Queue Service, next steps

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Feb 21 08:40:57 UTC 2011

Quick comment on the languages from a dev community perspective:

The Nova/Swift community is Python-based, so you won't directly reuse
it, whether you use C++ or Erlang. For new contributors, you either
target very experienced C++ developers (to get concurrency/scalability
right), or moderately-experienced Erlang devs. Both probably come in
short supplies... but you might find more people willing to learn Erlang
than people willing to perfect their C++ skills (me for example).

I've a slight preference for Erlang because it will probably be more
difficult to do it wrong, and my gut feeling is that Python devs might
be more convertible to Erlang than to C++.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack