[Openstack] Queue Service, next steps

Michael Barton mike-launchpad at weirdlooking.com
Sat Feb 19 01:55:10 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Eric Day <eday at oddments.org> wrote:
> Perhaps I've been assuming some things, but I thought everyone
> understood that is what we are looking to build (fault-tolerant,
> horizontally scalable, ...). We're certainly not looking to build
> a clustered queue (like RabbitMQ) with a REST API. I know the wiki
> page is still brief, but I hope that's one of the key take-aways:

Sorry, I guess I was confused by some of the discussion, and then I
didn't really see the sort of distributed architecture I expected on
the wiki.  Like, how or whether a single queue will scale or how the
system is highly available, how ordered delivery is reconciled with
those two, etc.

Maybe this is all worked out offline, or it's TBD and the current spec
is more of an ideal.  But it seems like people want to start banging
out code before any of that's on paper.

-- Mike