[Openstack] xen server agent code in nova?

Paul Voccio paul.voccio at rackspace.com
Sat Feb 12 00:37:50 UTC 2011

Scott,

I completely understand your point of view and were you are coming from. I
think you concerns are absolutely valid. That said, there isn't a required
agent feature to do anything yet. We're not designing anything behind any
doors and tossing it over the fence for other people to deal with. Some
people were asking us for the code that we already have. As I've stated
before, it currently works for XenServer and we want extend this to be
hypervisor agnostic and a networked service. Nothing is or will be changed
'willy-nilly'.

I'm not proposing *any* api for a hypothetical service at this point. That
needs to have it own BP, be vetted, and services built around this.

Since the code is coupled with Nova and Xen at the moment, the ask was
should it be included and where? As Vish stated, its extremely simple to
pull it out and move it to a metadata project when appropriate.

I would like to continue the conversation around a metadata service and
what it could look like. I think its a solution we can all benefit from.

Pvo