[Openstack] Stable and Development Trunks

Everett Toews everett.toews at cybera.ca
Thu Feb 10 23:19:28 UTC 2011

FWIW, I've been using
ppa:nova-core/release<https://launchpad.net/%7Enova-core/+archive/release>and
it's worked pretty well with instructions for a Manual
Install of Nova on
Ubuntu<http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-compute/admin/content/ch03s02.html#d5e194>(just
substitute ppa:nova-core/release for ppa:nova-core/trunk
in the instructions).

The link to the release PPA (https://launchpad.net/nova-core/+archive/stable)
from the archived email that Ahmed mentions is broken.  Perhaps it's been
superseded by https://launchpad.net/~nova-core/+archive/release<https://launchpad.net/%7Enova-core/+archive/release>
?

As for the stability of ppa:nova-core/release, I too think it shouldn't
change unless there is a post release exception.  For instance, in Bexar,
there was the Missing items in Bexar release
tarball<https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/714678>bug.  Because this
was a bug that directly impacted the release I would
expect that the result of this bug fix would be new a new nova package on
ppa:nova-core/release.

Can anyone confirm that the fix for the Missing items in Bexar release
tarball <https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/714678> bug will cause a new
nova package on ppa:nova-core/release?

Everett