[Openstack] Google Summer of Code 2011

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Feb 7 16:34:34 UTC 2011

Rick Clark wrote:
> In order to be successful, quite a bit of thought and planning needs to
> be put into a GSOC project.  I've seen other open source projects look
> bad by not being organized enough.  This needs to be way more put
> together, and thought out before I would want to see openstack's name on
> it.

In my experience, GSoC can easily backfire on unprepared organizations.
And I think we are a bit young, as an organization, to successfully
participate.

The deadlines are just around the corner, not sure rushing our first
participation is a good idea. I'd rather discuss of a full plan in one
of the 2011 design summits, to have a well-organized effort for GSoC 2012.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack