[Openstack] Multi-NIC support to Cactus

masumotok at nttdata.co.jp masumotok at nttdata.co.jp
Wed Feb 2 15:04:22 UTC 2011

Hello Ewan,

Thanks for your answer. Now it's clear to me.

> I assume that the tenant will not be able to configure any rich network
> topologies until network-service is done.

Network model topic is big issue and multi-nic issue is also not a small issue if we cover "any" network topologies. I'm expecting at first thought -
1. instances can have more than 2 vifs.
2. cloud user can decide how many vifs instance have.
3. different vlan can be assigned to vifs.
4. different security groups can be assigned to vifs.
5. "vifs are assigned which physical nics" kind of thought is necessary(?)
Those are just first shallow thought - things can go step by step.

I personally feel that not only model-basis discussion but also functionality-based discussion may be good to accelerate better network model..

Kindly Regards,
Kei Masumoto