[Openstack] Openstack Nova Prunning/ Consistency mecanisms

Razique Mahroua razique.mahroua at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 13:43:56 UTC 2011

Hi all :)
here are some topics my mind crossed..
# nova doesn't have any prunning mecanisms. Here are some things I'm thinking about :
- database cleaning
	deleted instances
	non consistent fixed_ips
	deleted groups
	deleted projects

For instance my "instances" table has more than 85% of deleted instances

- images cleaning
	images on compute nodes (/var/lib/nova/instances/* (_base)
	deleted images

# Consistency
- network consistency
	If I have a /24 networks, that means I will have 256 fixed_ips, is it possible that nova make sure there are 256 ips for that network
	If I've fixed_ips that are not attached to any network, is is possible to remove them ?

Maybe a cron/ batch that could perform these tasks, maybe a $ nova-manage prunning, $ nova-manage network check, etc...

any other ideas ?
Razique

Nuage & Co - Razique Mahroua
razique.mahroua at gmail.com