[Openstack] CRITICAL XENAPI_MISSING_PLUGIN xenhost

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Wed Dec 28 18:31:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to have both XenAPI (XCP, which I uploaded last week in SID)
to work with Openstack (the version currently in experimental). Despite
bug #909373 which I hacked my way around, nova-compute refuses to start
with the below error.

What am I doing wrong? What's that plugin thing about? Note that I've
put stuff in /etc/xapi.d, like the "xenhost" python script, but it
doesn't seem that's enough.

By the way, if these have to be installed in the dom0, wouldn't it be
wise to have it packaged as "openstack-xcp-xapi-plugin" or something
similar? If so, what exactly should I put in this package? All what I
have in plugins/xenserver/xenapi/etc/xapi.d? Should xcp-xapi be
restarted after these are installed?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)