[Openstack] Compute API Versioning

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Tue Dec 27 19:17:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 11:41 -0600, Bryan Taylor wrote:
> > I would suggest taking at least learning something from libtool. libtool
> > does this stuff really well if you pay attention to the rules. They are
> > as follows:
> Libtool is not a  web service API. I don't see the analogy here. It's a
> fine tool for what it does -  encapsulating shared software libraries.

No, it isn't.  But the point is that it does *API* versioning, not code
versioning.  The docs actually tell you that if you want to lock your
API versioning to your code versioning, you're doing it wrong (though
they also tell you how, and tell you what will break if you do).

That said, it's hard for me to see how we could effectively communicate
place, except possibly advertising that certain bugs got fixed…)
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>