[Openstack] Configure Rate limits on OS API

Huang Zhiteng winston.d at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 00:38:45 UTC 2011

I have a relevant question about API throughput.  I'm using Diablo release
version and I found out that there's only one process of nova-api to handle
all API requests from even different users.  That results very low (<10)
API throughput (definition: API requests handled per second).  Similar
symptom was observed back in Cactus release.

Is there anyway to configure API service to run in multi-threaded mode so
that it can utilize multi-core hardware?  I'd really appreciate if anyone
can also shed some light on why Nova API was designed to work in this way.
 Thank you in advance.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 3:28 AM, Day, Phil <philip.day at hp.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,****
>
> ** **
>
> Is there a file that can be used to configure the API rate limits for the
> OS API on a per user basis ?****
>
> ** **
>
> I can see where the default values are set in the code, but it looks as if
> there should be a less brutal configuration mechanism to go along with this
> ?****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks****
>
> Phil ****