[Openstack] Quantum OVS over StackOPS

Alisson Soares Limeira Pontes apontes at cpqd.com.br
Wed Dec 21 11:39:55 UTC 2011

I have a dual node (Controller and Compute) OpenStack setup, working fine.
But i want to configure quantum for NaaS. I follow all steps of quantum
administrator guide, and installed it in the controller-node. To configure
the OVS plugin we must copy  ovs_quantum_agent.py and
ovs_quantum_plugin.ini to the compute-node and launch the command

$ python ovs_quantum_agent.py ovs_quantum_plugin.ini

but it returns me the error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ovs_quantum_agent.py", line 297, in <module>
    plugin = OVSQuantumAgent(integ_br)
  File "ovs_quantum_agent.py", line 175, in __init__
    self.setup_integration_br(
integ_br)
  File "ovs_quantum_agent.py", line 188, in setup_integration_br
    self.int_br.remove_all_flows()
  File "ovs_quantum_agent.py", line 89, in remove_all_flows
    self.run_ofctl("del-flows", [])
  File "ovs_quantum_agent.py", line 86, in run_ofctl
    return self.run_cmd(full_args)
  File "ovs_quantum_agent.py", line 58, in run_cmd
    p = Popen(args, stdout=PIPE)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 633, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1139, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

you probably right, Soren. I will install ovs-* in the compute node and
retry. I have ovs-* installed only in the controller. I will try it and
give feedback. Thank you very much.