[Openstack] SSL question??

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Dec 21 00:23:40 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've just put in a blueprint @ http://wiki.openstack.org/SSLEndpoints

One of the fixes is the rabbitmq (via amqlib, via kombu) client that was done in bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/790900

One thing I noticed was that this only enables the boolean true/false flag but it seems like in python2.6+ (which afaik is required for openstack - right?) that that boolean can actually be a dictionary which can provide cert files and the like (instead of just saying on/off). Is that something people think is useful for the essex series, to get that fixed?

See: https://code.google.com/p/py-amqplib/source/browse/amqplib/client_0_8/transport.py#189

Other SSL changes we are seeing are great, but I am unsure of the priority of them, ie, http://wiki.openstack.org/nova-security-updates, would it be useful for people at yahoo to try to take that one on as well (I don't really see a direct owner?).

Let me know,
Hope to help!

-Josh