[Openstack] using objects returned from DB layer

Chris Behrens chris.behrens at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Dec 15 20:57:30 UTC 2011

Hm.  I've just been going off of this doc string in db/api.py:

"Functions in this module are imported into the nova.db namespace. Call these
functions from nova.db namespace, not the nova.db.api namespace.

All functions in this module return objects that implement a dictionary-like
interface. Currently, many of these objects are sqlalchemy objects that
implement a dictionary interface. However, a future goal is to have all ofthese objects be simple dictionaries."

I didn't put any thought into it, but I can see our own objects being better.  I would just want to make sure they are easily serializable so they can be sent across AMQP.  I admit that I haven't paid attention to any of the DB discussions.  I guess that's why I brought up my question in the first place. ;)

- Chris