[Openstack] Openstack Dashboard mismatch issue.

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Mon Dec 12 17:03:22 UTC 2011

See inline..

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 4:27 PM, ygsnian ygsnian <ygsnian at gmail.com> wrote:

> My questions are:
> 1. What openstack version and Dashboard version are the dashboard
> developers  working based on?

There are two branches of every project. "master" and "stable/diablo".

All the "master" branches should generally work together, and all
the "stable/diablo" should work together (and currently do).

> 2. How future plan to solve this dependence issue between Dashboard
> and other project (nova, keystone and etc.)

I'm not sure there is an issue here? The diablo dashboard will work with
diablo keystone/nova/etc while the essex dashboard will work with essex
keystone/nova/etc...

If they don't, that's a bug that should be fixed

> 3. If we has some fix in old version, what kind of thing we can do
> best to make it aviable for future release?

That's what the "stable/diablo" branches are for!

See http://wiki.openstack.org/StableBranch

Also - It looks like the repo you are using provides diablo-3 packages,
diablo-4 was the final Diablo release..