[Openstack] openstack-poc [was Re: A possible alternative to Gerrit ...]

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Sun Dec 11 12:23:11 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-10-17 at 11:26 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-10-15 at 09:27 -0400, Jay Pipes wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 4:27 AM, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Hey,

> > > So, I hadn't see openstack-poc before:
> > >
> > >  https://launchpad.net/~openstack-poc
> > >
> > > It looks like some interesting conversations happen there. The archives
> > > are public, but is there any way for interested folks to subscribe so
> > > that don't have to regularly check the archives?
> >
> > Unfortunately, the way LP mailing lists are managed, subscriptions are
> > based on teams, and the OpenStack POC is a closed team :(
> >
> > That said, folks like Chuck Thier are members of the OpenStack POC
> > team and are not on the PPB, so perhaps you can just join the team and
> > Jonathan Bryce, our illustrious PPB chair, will just add you to the
> > team so you can subscribe?
>
> Thanks for the idea Jay, but it looks like you can't request to join
> closed groups through launchpad. Jonathan?

I never got an answer to this and I just now noticed that at least one
other important discussion happened on the list:

  https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack-poc/msg00278.html

This isn't so much of a personal concern - I probably just would have
skimmed over the thread - but why are discussions like this happening on
a list that isn't open to new folks to join?

Cheers,
Mark.