[Openstack] trusted computing and nova

Mark Washenberger mark.washenberger at rackspace.com
Fri Dec 9 21:34:34 UTC 2011

Do we need anything more than a way to inject a third-party filter into schedulers?

I'm assuming that we need to schedule based on whether or not the attestation server verifies the host. And I understand that this situation introduces some peculiar and novel requirements on the scheduler. But I don't think it makes sense to deduce from that that we should write an attestation client into nova and create a new scheduler and manager service. Instead, we should robustify (is that even a word? :-) the plug-ability of the scheduler with these requirements in mind.

I really appreciate the work that has gone into making this transparent and generic with the standalone http-based attestation server. I just don't think it goes quite as far as it needs to.