[Openstack] Nova Subteam Changes
soren at linux2go.dk
Fri Dec 9 11:40:12 UTC 2011
2011/12/8 Vishvananda Ishaya <vishvananda at gmail.com>:
> I'm hesitant to do more meetings as well, but we do need some
I call false dichotomy on this. I don't buy the "without meetings, we
can't coordinate anything" notion.
> I will leave the one for Monday on the board for now. Lets have one
> meeting with the goal being to never need another one.
Ok. Let me know how it goes. :) As I said, I can't attend.
> IDEA: We could have a "status" etherpad that everyone could keep
> updated each week with current tasks, important blueprints, concerns
What would that gain us compared to a status e-mail? The benefits of
using e-mail instead of Etherpad:
* They're easier to look up after the fact (mailing list arcvhies are
already set up).
* It enables dialogue about the contents.
* Having to click the send button motivates you to actually finish it.
Compared to IRC meetings:
* No need for everyone to be in the same place at the same time.
* No need for everyone to sit through a meeting where only a fraction
of the topics are relevant to them.
* Mailing list archives makes it simple to look up past discussions.
* Much looser time limits. If I need to test a hypothesis before I make
a statement, I can do that on my own time. That's very hard to do
during a synchronous meeting.
Soren Hansen | http://linux2go.dk/
Ubuntu Developer | http://www.ubuntu.com/
OpenStack Developer | http://www.openstack.org/
More information about the Openstack