[Openstack] Providing packages for stable releases of OpenStack

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Wed Dec 7 22:57:51 UTC 2011

On 12/07/2011 10:32 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-12-06 at 23:56 +0100, Loic Dachary wrote:
>> I think there is an opportunity to leverage the momentum that is
>> growing in each distribution by creating an openstack team for them to
>> meet. Maybe Stefano Maffulli has an idea about how to go in this
>> direction. The IRC channel was a great idea and it could become more.
>>
> It seems that there is general consensus that OpenStack should be the
> good upstream provider and ease the job of downstream distributions.
> There is an informal team that is coordinating the packaging effort.
> Would it help if this team became more formal? What would it mean for
> the openstack-packaging team to be 'formally' recognized?
Thierry Carrez and Mark McLoughlin essentially asked the same question on IRC a few hours ago. You are on the same line ;-) I honestly don't know how to express myself more clearly than I did in my previous mails.

The Debian GNU/Linux packaging team is doing fine. Since you are all comfortable with the fact that it operates independently, there probably is no need to create tighter relationships. If you ever feel that this needs to be discussed again, let me know.

Cheers