[Openstack] time synchronization matters?

张俊峰 zjfhappy at 126.com
Tue Dec 6 04:19:58 UTC 2011

您好,我认为您的理解是对的,期待您到时候可以分享下您的suggestions on deploying multiple proxies in production environment“

下面这段是我在官方网站上看到的,请参考:
System Time¶

Time may be relative but it is relatively important for Swift! Swift uses timestamps to determine which is the most recent version of an object. It is very important for the system time on each server in the cluster to by synced as closely as possible (more so for the proxy server, but in general it is a good idea for all the servers). At Rackspace, we use NTP with a local NTP server to ensure that the system times are as close as possible. This should also be monitored to ensure that the times do not vary too much.