[Openstack] developing a plugin for openstack

Jonathan Leibiusky ionathan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:01:57 UTC 2011

Hi!
I'm new to OpenStack and I wanted to develop a plugin, like Atlas load
balancing. Hopefully this is the right mailing list.

I couldn't find information on plugin development, so I assume plugins are
actually individual applications that integrate with openstack through
APIs. Is that right?
That means I can develop the plugin in whatever language I feel confortable
with and that's all? Do I need to have in mind any specific consideration?

Regard testing... how do you guys deal with testing? Do I have to install
openstack on my dev machine in order to run my plugin tests?

Thanks,
Jonathan