[Openstack] HPC with Openstack?

Lorin Hochstein lorin at isi.edu
Fri Dec 2 13:47:25 UTC 2011

As a side note, HPC means very different things to different people. In the circles I move in, HPC is interested in running compute jobs that are CPU-intensive, require large amounts of memory, and need low-latency/high-bandwidth interconnects to allow the user to break up a tightly coupled compute job across multiple nodes. A particular compute job will run for hours to days, so fast provisioning isn't necessarily critical (the traditional HPC model is to have your job wait in a batch queue until the resources are available).

Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein, Computer Scientist
USC Information Sciences Institute