[Openstack] boot from ISO

Michaël Van de Borne michael.vandeborne at cetic.be
Thu Dec 1 15:14:41 UTC 2011

It finally works. The problem was the flag checks while looking for the
ISO SR.

inside the find_iso_sr method (in nova/virt/xenapi/vm_utils.py), I found
that the ISO SR must have these settings:
content type: iso
other-config:i18n-key=local-storage-iso

As far as I know, this wasn't documented anywhere. Hope this can be
useful for people from the future.

cheers,

michaël

Michaël Van de Borne
R&D Engineer, SOA team, CETIC
Phone: +32 (0)71 49 07 45 Mobile: +32 (0)472 69 57 16, Skype: mikemowgli
www.cetic.be, rue des Frères Wright, 29/3, B-6041 Charleroi