[Openstack] nova-vncproxy configuration issue

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:39:05 UTC 2011

Hmm, the _ is installed when nova is imported.  I'm nots sure what would make it get missed.  Is it possible you have an old version of nova installed in your path somewhere that doesn't have an __init__.py that does gettext.install?

from nova import flags and similar lines should be installing it.

As a workaround, you could do:

import gettext
gettext.install('nova',unicode=1)

but it would be good to figure out why that isn't being done at import.

Vish