[Openstack] API Spec

Michael Shuler mshuler at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 11:34:39 UTC 2011

Preface: I am not very familiar with Nova.

On 08/26/2011 01:19 PM, Devin Carlen wrote:
> I believe we should have had a Rackspace API module just like we have
> an EC2 API module.  Then the OpenStack API wouldn't have been
> burdened by the historical decisions around the Rackspace API.
>
> But that is ancient history at this point.

So that I can better understand, as well as for others that may not
know, would it be possible to get a basic explanation of why "it is
hard" to modify Nova, now, to modularize the Rackspace API?

"basic" == non-technical highlights in simple english, please.  This
sounds to me like a bad architectural decision that people are living
with - so, why not admit that and make it a priority to change?

--
Kind regards,
Michael

<snipped "it's been over and year and it is hard" sounding excuses(?)>