[Openstack] Where to find the Debian packaging for nova/swift/glance

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Tue Aug 23 16:19:37 UTC 2011

Hi Monty,

Thanks for your quick reply.

On 08/24/2011 12:09 AM, Monty Taylor wrote:
> Hi Thomas!
>
> Packaging for nova is _currently_ (like, this morning) on launchpad - as
> is all of nova dev. (this will be changing soon) However, we do not keep
> packaging in the upstream source tree.

It shouldn't be in the main tree, but in a *branch* (eg, in that branch,
you would do "git merge master" and only work in the debian folder)...

> However, I'm working on rolling out an all new and improved packaging
> tooling that should make it easier for you to collaborate with us
> (git-buildpackage is certainly involved- as are builds for debian hosts)
>
> Gimme, like, 4 more hours and I'll have something to point you at as far
> as that goes.

Take your time, I'm heading to bed at this time (it's midnight here in
Shanghai...). Just ping me if it changes! :)

> However, in the mean time, packaging can be found at:
>
> lp:~openstack-ubuntu-packagers/nova/ubuntu

Ok, so if I understand you, it didn't change, and it's still using bzr,
right?

So we have:
- git for "upstream" source
- bzr for the packaging

Indeed, this needs to change! :)

Also, I have tried building Diablo v3 in SID. And it's quite horrible.
Building the doc with sphinx fails horribly with loads of errors printed
(but ignored), and the unit tests are simply failing to even start. Can
one of the core developers have a look into what's happening? I can't do
any packaging work, and even less upload to Debian, if it stays like
this, and I'd be really happy to be able to have all in sync between
Debian and Ubuntu if possible.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)