[Openstack] Default ports for services

Ziad Sawalha ziad.sawalha at rackspace.com
Tue Aug 23 14:07:02 UTC 2011

The Admin API is a superset of the Service API. My thinking was that by
default Keystone starts up and exposes the Admin API on 35357 allowing
services on the local machine to find it and register themselves and their
endpoints (especially if they are picking up ports dynamically). This is a
simple use case for installing on one machine.

What I haven't fully worked out yet is how to handle multiple machine
deployments. I'm thinking we should then register a DNS SRV record (or
listen to broadcasts) to be discoverable by other machines on the network
(or even a remote network).